Your tax return has been completed by reference to the information with which we have been provided and, whilst every care has been taken to ensure that this information has been properly processed, HM Revenue & Customs state that responsibility for seeing the return is correct is ultimately your own.

You must look carefully through the return to satisfy yourself that, so far as you are aware, the entries are complete and correct. In particular please ensure that no new source of income has been omitted and that you agree with any estimates and/or assumptions we may have used in preparing your return.

Child benefit

You may have to pay the “high income Child Benefit charge” if either you or your partner has an individual income over £50,000 and either:

1. You or your partner receive Child Benefit; or
2. Someone else gets Child Benefit for a child living with you and they contribute at least an equal amount towards the child’s upkeep

It doesn’t matter if the child living with you is not your own child.

You can find more information on the Child Benefit rules here.

Marriage allowance

If either you or your spouse or civil partner have spare personal allowance in the tax year, then up to 10% of the personal allowance can be transferred between you provided that the person in receipt of the transferred personal allowance is a basic rate taxpayer.

You can find more information on the marriage allowance here.

Scottish rate of income tax

If you live in Scotland then you will pay income tax according to the rates and thresholds as set by the Scottish parliament. The thresholds are currently different in Scotland than in the rest of the UK so it is important you check that we hold your current address.

You can find more on the Scottish rate of income tax here.

Give a Goat

Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in Africa

Find out more

Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.