Writers tax accountant

Number crunching
for writers

Accounting for Writers

Looking for a writers accountant? Jonathan Ford & Co are number one for accounting for writers; we love helping authors, TV scriptwriters, playwrights and journalists with all their accountancy and tax needs.

Our Creative team is led by Alison – a chartered accountant with lots of experience in the industry.

We’ll prepare a tailor made proposal to fit your exact needs but here’s some examples of what we charge.


From £80 plus VAT per month

Designed for the busy writer who doesn’t want to worry about book-keeping during the year and wants to be able to pick up the phone or email for advice without worrying about the cost

  • Dedicated personal account manager
  • Tax Return Reminders
  • Tax Return Checklist
  • Annual Accounts
  • Basic Personal Tax Return
  • Mortgage/rental references
  • DocSafe
  • Xero Cashbook
  • Bookkeeping using Receiptbank
  • General phone and email advice throughout the year

Book a Call here
or chat with us now.


From £130 plus VAT per month

Our full level of service for busy writers who also need VAT returns completing and the reassurance of regular reviews to make sure that you’re saving the correct amount of tax.

  • All of the Premium service plus
  • Quarterly tax payment advice
  • Payment on Account Reviews
  • VAT Return reminders
  • Preparation & submission of VAT Returns

Book a Call here
or chat with us now.



For those writers who have complicated tax affairs, we can provide you with a bespoke service and fee

  • All of the Premium+ service plus
  • Complex situation advice
  • Dealing with International Aspects on UK tax return

Book a Call here
or chat with us now.

Discovery Call

The first step in working together with us is to book a 15 minute Discovery Call with one of our Client Coordinators to find out whether we'll be a good fit for you and your business.

Book a Discovery Call

From the Blog

We’re the perfect accountants for writers

by Katherine Verrycke

Read full post

Author Receiving US royalty income? Help with completing W8-BEN form for both sole trader and company

by Alison Brown FCCA

Read full post

Give a Goat

Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in Africa

Find out more

Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.