Sending your customers and prospects a quotation in advance has lots of advantages.
– it looks professional
– it gives your customers confidence that you won’t surprise them with an unexpected bill
– it protects you from ‘mission creep’ where you agree to do something but the job keeps gradually expanding.
– you can specify your other terms and conditions – such as payment terms
– you can use your proposal to include other sales information such as testimonials and case studies so you’re more likely to win the work
– you’re far less likely to have a dispute over fees if everything has been agreed up front and in advance
There’s lots of ways you can send a quote….a simple, hand written note is better than nothing.
Xero – our favourite software – makes it really quick and easy to create a quote, email it to your customers, manage outstanding quotes… and convert success into an invoice.
Take a look at the 2 minute video below to see more.
If you would like to book a personal demo to see how Xero and Jonathan Ford & Co can help your business just send an email or call 0151 426 4512.
Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in AfricaFind out more