It’s back for 2015! HMRC has released some of the worst excuses it’s heard from people who sent in their return late.
No surprises that they all got fined.
1. My pet dog ate my tax return…and all the reminders.
2. I was up a mountain in Wales, and couldn’t find a postbox or get an internet signal.
3. I fell in with the wrong crowd.
4. I’ve been travelling the world, trying to escape from a foreign intelligence agency.
5. Barack Obama is in charge of my finances.
6. I’ve been busy looking after a flock of escaped parrots and some fox cubs.
7. A work colleague borrowed my tax return, to photocopy it, and didn’t give it back.
8. I live in a camper van in a supermarket car park.
9. My girlfriend’s pregnant.
10. I was in Australia.
Think you can do better? Or would you rather get your return in on time? We can help. Jonathan Ford & Co are Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers. We’re located online, in Liverpool and in St Helens.
Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in AfricaFind out more