July 2nd, 2011

Playing Music – Don’t Fiddle!

If you use music in your business then you need to make sure you’ve got the proper licences in place.  Depending on your use of music you may need to have a licence from both the PRS and the PPL.

Typical situations that require a licence are:

Failing to be properly licensed is a civil offence so it can land you with a hefty fine if you don’t comply.

You can find more information here:



Share this post

Filed under


Managing Director

Jonathan trained as a chartered accountant with Price Waterhouse (now PWC) in Liverpool before becoming a small business services manager for Grant Thornton in Warrington. He also spent three years as the financial controller for Brookside and Hollyoaks (not that he ever mentions it!).

Jonathan is recognised as a specialist in the entertainment industry and is often called upon to provide training courses and seminars for media professionals. He's also a bit of a technology geek and has been recognised with the accountancy industry as one of the most progressive accountants in the UK.
Outside of work Jonathan is very proud to be the Treasurer of the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace and to be on the Council of the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)

Give a Goat

Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in Africa

Find out more

Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.