March 1st, 2016

Thinking of Moving House?

If you are a self employed individual or a director/ shareholder of your own company you are going to need to prove your income to mortgage providers.

Be prepared for this, this can be time consuming and could hold up your application.  Therefore it is always a good idea to get this information as soon as you start to think about moving.

The information which mortgage providers will always ask for is your income which you have provided on your Self Assessment Tax Return and submitted to HMRC for the last 3 years.

This information needs to be obtained from HMRC in the form of either:

If you do not submit your own Self Assessment Tax Return through HMRC online services you will not be able to obtain a copy of your tax overview.

Generally most individuals will need to contact HMRC and request their SA302 for the last 3 tax years.  This can take up to 2 weeks for you to receive this information in the post. 

Keep up to date - Sign up here

  • Just fill in the details below.



Share this post

Filed under

HMRC Limited Companies Uncategorised


Alison obtained a First class degree in Accountancy and Management at UCLAN University. She then went on to qualify as a certified accountant in 2006 and became a founder member in 2011.

Alison trained at a practice in Liverpool and, within her 10 years there, she developed as an accounts manager and obtained a varied portfolio of clients which has provided her with a range of experience in accounts, audit, VAT and taxation.
Alison specialises in giving sound jargon-free advice to a range of small and medium sized businesses.

Give a Goat

Give us a referral and we will donate a goat to a family in Africa

Find out more

Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.